Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Why is this on my mantle?






Anyone who knows Kelly very well knows that he loves to tease. I guess this is his way of teasing me. I have put this skull away in the closet a dozen times and it always mysteriously ends up prominently on the mantle. The picture below is of the fireplace and mantle minus the skull. I didn't do the masonry or cut the mantle but I did stain it. My mom helped to stain our railing and then I was on my own. It wasn't as bad as I had anticipated and I am very pleased with the end results! I can hardly wait to hang stockings this year. Maybe I'll hang Kellys stocking from a tooth.




The next three pictures are from temple square in SLC when we were there a couple of weeks ago. It was a beautiful day.




Britnee, Jake, & Colton


We almost got everyone looking at the camera.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Hey, Jackson and I enjoyed reading through your blog tonight. We didn't get through all of it yet. We need to get out to see your house. The fireplace looks great! Nice skull. Where did you find it?

Lacee said...

That's a mighty fine lookin' skull there! Kelly has an eye for such treasures, gotta love him! Looks like you had nice weather in SLC. The kiddos are getting so big, what is going on here!?! ~Lacee

The Witt Family said...

Very cute blog! I loved it. Your house looks like it is wonderful and STeve was telling me how much bigger it was than mine. I'm jealous! I'll have to come see it sometime!Your family is adorable, and who knows, we may be related sometime:)